Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chad govori o novom albumu!

4 posters

Go down

Chad govori o novom albumu! Empty Chad govori o novom albumu!

Post by Tanja 23rd June 2011, 22:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tireless arena-funk heartbreakers Red Hot Chili Peppers have completed work on their 10th album according to drummer Chad Smith—“It’s finished, my friend, done,” he ecstatically tells MySpace. “In the can, as they say.” The album, titled I’m With You, which will be released on August 20, marks their 20th year and sixth album alongside iconic producer Rick Rubin, who recorded the album in Los Angeles’s East West Studios, the same room the band recorded their multiplatinum Californication and By The Way.
Smith describes the new album matter-of-factly—“It sounds like the Red Hot Chili Peppers,” he says, “in 2011.” But their sound will have undoubtedly evolved since 2006’s Stadium Arcadium thanks to the addition of new guitarist Josh Kinghoffer, who replaces longtime stringsman John Frusciante after his departure in 2009. “We give him wedgies every other day. He carries my luggage on the road,” laughs Smith about breaking in the new guy. “Nah, it’s very normal. We knew him, he knew us, he knew our music. It didn’t take long at all.” The band has been friends with Klinghoffer for a decade; and the L.A. studio rat, who’s done work for Gnarls Barkley and PJ Harvey, even filled in for Frusciante during the latter legs of the Stadium Arcadium tour. I’m With You marks his first writing session with the band. “It’s like another new beginning for us after 27 years,” beams Smith. “He’s bringing all of his Joshness! He’s bringing him. He’s just a really creative artist. He plays guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, he sings—and he does all of it on the record.”
Adding to this mélange of sounds is bassist Flea’s newfound piano chops. During the band’s two-year break, the spasmodic slapper could be spotted taking music classes at the University of Southern California, boning up on his Bach. Laughs Smith, “You’re like a student at USC and Flea’s in your class with like blue hair, sitting in the back? I wonder if he had a backpack.” For the I’m With You writing sessions, Flea started composing melodic ideas on piano more than ever, though Smith adds, “Not that we’re all of a sudden going to sound like Elton John.”

Smith recently told SPIN that I’m With You, which features cover art by transgressive British bad boy Damien Hirst, would flirt with different styles of African pop, partially fueled by his own love of recent comp The Afrosound of Colombia. He elaborates a little when it came to his favorite track on the new album. “There’s a song called ‘Ethiopia’ that was inspired by a trip to Africa that Josh and Flea went on,” he says. “It puts a smile on my face. It’s in seven… but it’s a good seven. It’s not fusion seven, it’s like funk seven—[sings] Dada doo da doo da doo dat, Dada doo da doo da doo dat.”

izvor : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tanja
Tanja
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Number of posts : 10378
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Chad govori o novom albumu! Empty Re: Chad govori o novom albumu!

Post by Nick The Spamlord 24th June 2011, 02:08

Ako nekog ne mrzi nek napise sta je vazno rekao :D
:hvala:
Nick The Spamlord
Nick The Spamlord
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Number of posts : 12176
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by IgoRhcp 24th June 2011, 02:15

maaa... kurci se kako ce biti dobar album :D
IgoRhcp
IgoRhcp
I am what I am Most motherfuckers Don't give a damn

Number of posts : 3267
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhcpfun 26th June 2011, 10:09

Ala ovi novinari smaraju sa pitanjima o joshu, svaki put isto <.<
Rhcpfun
Rhcpfun
I am what I am Most motherfuckers Don't give a damn

Number of posts : 2090
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down