Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flea talks to Rolling Stone about RHCP’s Hall of Fame Induction

+5
Nick The Spamlord
slowhand
Charlie`From`Stadium
21st Cherry Boy
aivanko
9 posters

Go down

Flea talks to Rolling Stone about RHCP’s Hall of Fame Induction Empty Flea talks to Rolling Stone about RHCP’s Hall of Fame Induction

Post by aivanko 22nd January 2012, 11:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next year, the Red Hot Chili Peppers will turn 30 – but they’re celebrating a little early: On March 29th, they kick off a 25-city U.S. arena run in support of their 10th Album, I’m With You – their first with new guitarist Josh Klinghoffer. (The tour was postponed from January due to singer Anthony Kiedis’ foot injury.) And on April 14th, bassist Flea Michael Balzary, Anthony Kiedis and drummer Chad Smith will hit Cleveland to join the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. “I’m excited, says Flea, checking in before a show in Barcelona. “It’s going to be a really cool, special night.”

After that, the Red Hot Chili Peppers will get back to rocking stadiums on a summer tour of Europe. “It took us a while to get solid with Josh Klinghoffer – there’s so much improvisation in our band that it’s like establishing a new vernacular,” says Flea. “But we’re fucking on fire, man!”

You’re a maniac onstage. How will you come down after tonight’s show?
I have my rituals. After I walk offstage, I’ll go to the dressing room and meditate. Then I’ll eat, go to back to my hotel and go on a 3 a.m. hour long walk through Barcelona. Then I hit the hay. I used to panic on tour, lose it and fall apart and crumble, but now I have it down to a science.

How’d you find out about RHCP’s Hall of Fame induction?
I got a text from Chad saying, “Congratulations.” As the days have gone by, it feels more and more beautiful. Yesterday I was talking to [former RHCP drummer] Jack Irons, who sat next to me in sixth grade and will go in with us as a founding member. And I think about [former guitarist] John Frusciante and everything he gave us, and our old manager, Lindy Getz, who drove the van all night when we were sleeping in shitty motels. I never reflect on anything, but it’s really emotional.

Anthony Kiedis said the most emotional part was remembering RHCP’s late guitarist Hillel Slovak, who died in 1988.
I never would’ve played bass if not for Hillel. I was a jazz trumpet player, and he said, “Dude! You should learn how to play bass and be in my band. “Two weeks later, we were onstage at the Troubadour. Anthony Kiedis, Hillel Slovak and I raised each other, and they schooled me on Zeppelin and Hendrix. Hillel really loved rock & roll. He lived for it, so going into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame would have been a dream. To share this moment with him in the spirit world is sad and tragic, but also beautiful.

The induction is also a testament to your enduring partnership with Anthony Kiedis.
We have inspired each other and competed with each other and loved each other over the years. He probably doesn’t remember this, but one time when we were 15, I had these goofy clothes on that my mom bought me at Sears, and I said to Anthony, “Do I look cool?” He said, “Yeah – but anyone could wear that. You’re a unique person. You should wear shit that feels like something that only you wear.” It might sound small, but that moment informed me as a musician. I needed to do what felt beautiful to me.

I’ve heard you collect books. What kind of stuff?
Since I was seven, as soon as I finished one I’d pick up the next – book after book, non-stop. I have lots of books. As far as first editions, my heavy hitters are William Burroughs’ Junky, Bronte’s Jane Eyre and Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye.

When did you get that tattoo of Jimi Hendrix on your left bicep?
It was 1981, and everyone was talking about this great tattoo artist intown. I was probably smoking a joint and said, “I want a Hendrix tattoo!” I remember afterward my mom or my stepdad said to me, “Do you know the psychological implications of tattoos as your life goes on?” [Laughs]

Have you figured out your Hall of Fame speech?
No idea. I inducted Metallica [in 2009], and that might have been long-winded. It’s cool that we’re going in there with friends like the Beastie Boys and Guns n’ Roses, who came up with us in L.A. Steven Adler and I played football in the street when we were 12. I remember rehearsing in my bedroom with my first band, and some kid climbed over the fence of my backyard and peeked his head in the window to see who was rocking. It was Slash.

You’re turning 50 in October. How do you plan to celebrate?
On acid, running down the street, naked, howling at the moon.

lol
aivanko
aivanko
Say it out loud I'm freaky styley And I'm proud!

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Flea talks to Rolling Stone about RHCP’s Hall of Fame Induction Empty Re: Flea talks to Rolling Stone about RHCP’s Hall of Fame Induction

Post by 21st Cherry Boy 22nd January 2012, 22:00

Odličan intervju. Flea me uvijek razveseli.
Jedva čekam da ga vidim u Zagrebu. :)
21st Cherry Boy
21st Cherry Boy
More will be revealed my friend

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Flea talks to Rolling Stone about RHCP’s Hall of Fame Induction Empty Re: Flea talks to Rolling Stone about RHCP’s Hall of Fame Induction

Post by Charlie`From`Stadium 22nd January 2012, 23:30

Meni je predivna ova slika iz casopisa. :)
Charlie`From`Stadium
Charlie`From`Stadium
I am what I am Most motherfuckers Don't give a damn

Number of posts : 6871
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://charliefromstadium.blog.hr

Back to top Go down

Post by slowhand 23rd January 2012, 01:43

meni se svidjaju njegove pantalone:)
slowhand
slowhand

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick The Spamlord 23rd January 2012, 02:09

You’re turning 50 in October. How do you plan to celebrate?
On acid, running down the street, naked, howling at the moon.

Ja mislim da se nije salio :D
Nick The Spamlord
Nick The Spamlord
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Number of posts : 12176
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mutinho 23rd January 2012, 05:08

od flija ocekuj neocekivano XD
mutinho
mutinho
Under the bridge downtown

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Branka_RHCP 23rd January 2012, 05:44

odlican intervju :) u Fleinom stilu :D
Branka_RHCP
Branka_RHCP

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by RedHeaded 1st April 2012, 15:20

Slazem se sa Nickom. Kod tekvih sitnica nikad neznas sali li se on ili je mrtav-ozbiljan :D

Btw tu se rastopih:
It’s cool that we’re going in there with friends like the Beastie Boys and Guns n’ Roses, who came up with us in L.A. Steven Adler and I played football in the street when we were 12. I remember rehearsing in my bedroom with my first band, and some kid climbed over the fence of my backyard and peeked his head in the window to see who was rocking. It was Slash.
:srcule :srcule Znate mene.. obozavam i jedne i druge i ovakvi detalji me skroz raspamete :srcule
RedHeaded
RedHeaded

Number of posts : 1141
Registration date : 2011-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanja 2nd April 2012, 06:36

bas, cekacemo i vidjecemo, da li je ozbiljan ili ne! :)

bas je super slika :)
Tanja
Tanja
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Number of posts : 10378
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down