Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chad Smith Interview with Billboard.com March 6th 2012

+4
slowhand
21st Cherry Boy
Tanja
topicaca22
8 posters

Go down

Chad Smith Interview with Billboard.com March 6th 2012 Empty Chad Smith Interview with Billboard.com March 6th 2012

Post by topicaca22 6th March 2012, 08:46

Chad Smith confirms John Frusciante will not attend the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. He also reveals that he’s been working with Flea and Josh on some new song ideas and that Anthony loved the new jams upon hearing them. The article also mentions that Brendan’s Death Song will soon be released as the next single from I’m With You.

Chad Smith says he's been working on new song ideas with Flea and Josh.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers’ unexpected tour break to let frontman Anthony Kiedis undergo and recover from foot surgery may serve to expedite the group’s next album.

Drummer Chad Smith tells Billboard he, bassist Flea and guitarist Josh Klinghoffer got together in Los Angeles during the group’s time off the road — which pushed back the start of the North American leg of its world tour to promote 2011′s Grammy Award-nominated “I’m With You.”

“We just rehearsed and came up with some ideas and new song ideas and stuff and played together for two weeks, and it was really fun,” Smith reports. “It came out great — flowing and really natural and like we’ve been playing together a lot, which we have. We sent (Kiedis) CDs and he’s like, ‘I love this stuff! It sounds great. I love the new jams.’ That’s just good for everything; it’s good for morale, it’s good for the future. The future is bright.”

So does that mean the next Chili Peppers album will appear in less than the five years between “I’m With You” and 2006′s “Stadium Arcadium,” or the four years between that and 2002′s “By The Way?

“I think so — I hope so, at least. Normally in Chili Peppers world we never really had this much of a kind of break in a tour. Before, if we had a month off, we would never get together and write song ideas; we always wrote songs when it was time for an album cycle. But everyone just wanted to play. It was great; I came to town, ‘Hey guys, I’m gonna be here for two weeks. You want to get together and play?’ and everyone was like, ‘Yeah! Let’s play!’ So that bodes well for the future.”

That said, Smith expects the group to be on the road for most of the rest of this year. With Kiedis “on the mend,” the Chili Peppers hit the road again on March 29 in Tampa, Fla., before heading to Europe in June, with some U.S. make-up dates in August and in the fall. So a new album certainly isn’t likely until the end of 2013 at the earliest.

Meanwhile, the Chili Peppers are also prepping for the release of a another single from “I’m With You” (“Brendan’s Death Song”) as well as the group’s April 14 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Smith says the group, which on that night will also include past drummers Jack Irons and Cliff Martinez, will perform at the ceremony as well as host a private party the night before the inductions. Guitarist John Frusciante, however, will not be attending.

“He didn’t feel comfortable coming, which we totally respect,” Smith says. “We asked him… He said, ‘I’m just not really comfortable with that, but good luck and thanks for inviting me.’ It was all good. He’s the kind of guy, I think, that once he’s finished with something he’s just on to the next phase of his life. The Chili Peppers are not really on his radar right now.”

But, Smith adds, that won’t dampen the celebration in Cleveland. “I’m very pleased about it,” he says. “Music’s not a competition. Yeah, you like to win Grammys and stuff, but (the Rock Hall) is different. It’s not like the flavor of the month or the flavor of the year; it’s for a long career we’ve been fortunate enough to have. I’m very humbled, because the people who are in there…it’s not a joke. It’s very cool. So we’re looking forward to it. It’ll be a fun thing. There’s no pressure, like, ‘Are we gonna win?,’ none of that shit. We can just go and have a good time and celebrate with our friends and our families and our fans.”
topicaca22
topicaca22
Under the bridge downtown

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Chad Smith Interview with Billboard.com March 6th 2012 Empty Re: Chad Smith Interview with Billboard.com March 6th 2012

Post by Tanja 6th March 2012, 09:05

bas sad citam!
steta, jer ipak on je zasluzan jednim djelom za taj uspjeh! mada postujem njegovu odluku. :)

nego nisam znala, ali Brendan's Death Song novi single :) super, ocekujem video! :D

Tanja
Tanja
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Number of posts : 10378
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Chad Smith Interview with Billboard.com March 6th 2012 Empty Re: Chad Smith Interview with Billboard.com March 6th 2012

Post by Tanja 6th March 2012, 09:09

ps obrisala sam ja onu drugu temu, jer ipak ovo je chadov intervju

21 Cherry Boy izvini, ali mislim da ipak to pripada ovde.
Tanja
Tanja
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Number of posts : 10378
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Cherry Boy 6th March 2012, 09:11

tanychy wrote:ps obrisala sam ja onu drugu temu, jer ipak ovo je chadov intervju

21 Cherry Boy izvini, ali mislim da ipak to pripada ovde.

Nema problema. :)

21stCherryBoy
21st Cherry Boy
21st Cherry Boy
More will be revealed my friend

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by slowhand 7th March 2012, 04:40

Stvarno steta sto john nece prisustvovati…ipak hall of fame
nije mala stvar…I on je s tim momcima prosao uspone I padove,toliko boznastvene
muzike su kreirali zajedno,toliko velicanstvenih koncerata ,I da se sad ne
pojavi s njima…jos je rekao da kad je napustio bend,nije bilo teskih
rijeci,svadja,pa zasto se onda ne pojavi…kad
mogu slash I axl,mogao je I on vala
slowhand
slowhand
I am what I am Most motherfuckers Don't give a damn

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick The Spamlord 7th March 2012, 05:20

Ja sad tek vidim sta pise:
...which on that night will also include past drummers Jack Irons and Cliff Martinez...
Beavis and Butt-Head

John bi dosao da se ovo desava za neku godinu, mozda je ovo prebrzo od odlaska iz benda...
Nick The Spamlord
Nick The Spamlord
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Number of posts : 12176
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by mutinho 7th March 2012, 06:45

steta za Johna,bilo bi odlicno kada bi se pojavio.lepo je sto su pozvali Cliffa i Jacka
Drago mi je sto su svirali i dok su imali ovu nenadanu pauzu sto govori koliko su se uzeleli i koliko im jr stalo do grupe... :)) RHCP rules ;)
mutinho
mutinho

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RHCP dreamer 7th March 2012, 14:19

ah koliko bi bilo divno kad bi nastupili sa John-om barem jos jedanput..ee koji smor Sad
RHCP dreamer
RHCP dreamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra kiedis 8th March 2012, 05:43

Sad hocu Johna..
alexandra kiedis
alexandra kiedis

Number of posts : 1057
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by topicaca22 8th March 2012, 08:43

Koje kude, kupujem kartu za Ameriku i pravac kod Dzona u studio da ga odvucem na ceremoniju fly Hoce neko samnom? lol
topicaca22
topicaca22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick The Spamlord 8th March 2012, 09:08

Jedino ako i meni kupis kartu :D
Nick The Spamlord
Nick The Spamlord
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Back to top Go down

Post by topicaca22 8th March 2012, 09:12

Nick The Spamlord wrote:Jedino ako i meni kupis kartu :D
Moze rukovanje
topicaca22
topicaca22

Back to top Go down

Post by slowhand 8th March 2012, 11:32

i treba ponijet sa sobom kulen,domaci ajvar,slatko od dunja,i rakiju prepecenicu da ga podmitimo malo:)
slowhand
slowhand

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Cherry Boy 9th March 2012, 01:10

haha, slowhand. xD
21st Cherry Boy
21st Cherry Boy

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick The Spamlord 9th March 2012, 03:01

slowhand wrote:i treba ponijet sa sobom kulen,domaci ajvar,slatko od dunja,i rakiju prepecenicu da ga podmitimo malo:)
lol

topicaca22 wrote:
Nick The Spamlord wrote:Jedino ako i meni kupis kartu :D
Moze rukovanje
cekam te na aerodromu :D
Nick The Spamlord
Nick The Spamlord
Yertle The Turtle
Yertle The Turtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down