Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RHCP sviraju na novom albumu Georgea Clintona

2 posters

Go down

RHCP sviraju na novom albumu Georgea Clintona Empty RHCP sviraju na novom albumu Georgea Clintona

Post by Guest 29th June 2008, 09:41

George Clinton Goes 'Gangster' On New Album

George Clinton is getting by with a little help from his friends on his next album -- a list that includes the Red Hot Chili Peppers , Carlos Santana, Sly Stone, RZA, System Of A Down bassist Shavo Odadjian, El DeBarge and gospel singer Kim Burrell.

They all show up on an assortment of covers on "George Clinton and Some Gangsters of Love," which Clinton will release Sept. 16 on Shanachie.

"It started out with me doing some doo wop songs," Clinton, who grew up singing on street corners in Plainfield, N.J., tells Billboard.com. "As we got going, people started coming through to be on it." Among the first, he says, was Santana, who plays on a version of the Impressions' "Gypsy Woman," and then Stone and DeBarge, who sing on Marvin Gaye's "Ain't That Peculiar."

"Then I got serious about other people joining in with me," Clinton says. "It still is a concept album, but it's taken a little bit of a different turn."

On "Gangsters" Clinton also covers Shirley & Lee's "Let the Good Times Roll" with the Chili Peppers -- whose "Freaky Styley" he produced in 1985 -- Barry White's "Never, Never Gonna Give You Up," Johnny Ace's "Pledging My Love," Shep & the Heartbreak's "A Thousand Miles Away," Bobby Rydell's "Kissin' Time" and Ruby & the Romantics' "Our Day Will Come."

The album includes one new song, "Mathematics of Love" (which features Burrell) and a new take on the Parliaments' "Heart Trouble." Much of the album was produced with longtime Eminem cohort Mark Bass.

Clinton and Bass have also teamed for a Parliament-Funkadelic Motown covers album to salute the label's 50th anniversary. The album incorporates samples from a speech by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on "Ball of Confusion (That's What the World is Today)" and also includes versions of "Bernadette," "Heat Wave," "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" and "The Hunter Gets Captured By the Game." Clinton says he hopes to add some guests to that set as well.

Meanwhile, P-Funk plans to celebrate its 40th anniversary with a party and performance on July 22 in Los Angeles. And Clinton says he plans to release an album of new P-Funk material in early 2009.

Source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

:)

Ne pise tacno koji clan, tako da je mozda u pitanju ceo bend. :cheers:

Last edited by RHCP_ARE_GODS on 16th September 2008, 02:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

RHCP sviraju na novom albumu Georgea Clintona Empty Re: RHCP sviraju na novom albumu Georgea Clintona

Post by Charlie`From`Stadium 29th June 2008, 15:51

Ja mislim da che ipak John biti "mirodjija" :)
Charlie`From`Stadium
Charlie`From`Stadium
I am what I am Most motherfuckers Don't give a damn

Number of posts : 6871
Registration date : 2008-05-20

http://charliefromstadium.blog.hr

Back to top Go down

RHCP sviraju na novom albumu Georgea Clintona Empty Re: RHCP sviraju na novom albumu Georgea Clintona

Post by *biber* 30th June 2008, 03:22

ja ipak navijam za ceo bend :) na osnovu predhodnog tekste nekako mi tako vise izgleda..... ili mozda samo to zelim charlie :rock:
*biber*
*biber*
Step from the road to the sea to the sky

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2008, 00:15

Red Hot Chili Peppers are appearing on George Clintons new album coming out september 29th.. they are on one track called "Let The Good Times Roll"

You can hear 40 seconds of the song here

Wow! :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie`From`Stadium 16th September 2008, 07:44

url not found ...
Charlie`From`Stadium
Charlie`From`Stadium

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2008, 09:23

Iskopiraj ceo link. ;)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2008, 09:39

Cool!
I fora mi je ta pjesma, imam ju doma u originalu, baš slako :lol!:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2008, 09:47

Jos jedan deo pesme mozete cuti ovde, kao i ostale pesme sa Georgeovog albuma:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie`From`Stadium 16th September 2008, 23:22

uspeo sam ... super su ... :music:
Charlie`From`Stadium
Charlie`From`Stadium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down